Sunshine Helicopters - Hana Haleakala Helicopter Special
Haleakala’s magnificent crater will offer you the most generous views. As you travel through Maui’s most remote areas on these Hawaii helicopter tours you will see views of Hana town, The Seven pools, waterfalls and world famous Ho'okipa windsurfing beach.
Flight Includes: Ground briefing, coffee, personally narrated tour, air-conditioning, and choreographed CD music through stereophonic headsets with volume control. You can even purchase the pilot-narrated video of your actual flight on DVD.
Reserve Hawaii Helicopter Tours and Maui Activities with Lahaina Tours for discounted prices.
- Mount Haleakala and its immense crater
- East Maui
- Hana village
- Tropical rainforest and waterfalls
- Ho'okipa Beach
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating:
Maximum of 2 seats per flight. Passengers enjoy First Class seating
next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight
limit for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs (181 kg) and
Whisper STAR First Class is 490 lbs (222 kg).
FX STAR First Class Seating.jpg
FX STAR Open Seating.jpg
- Where and When:
- Morning, mid-day and afternoon departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Hangar #3 at Kahului Heliport, 1 Lelepio Place, Kahului HI 96732 View Map
View Driving Directions
- Weight Restrictions:
FX Star: Passengers over 240 lbs (108 kg) or a combined weight of over 400 lbs (181 kg) for 2 passengers may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
WhisperSTAR: First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
ADA Accessibility: Only the WhisperStar helicopter has a wheelchair lift.
- Operation Days:
- Daily except Sunday
- 45 minutes
- Sunshine Helicopters
- 6 passengers
- FX STAR: The industry standard FX Star, known as "Black Beauty," has all forward facing customized bench style seats giving excellent visibility. Sunshine Helicopters has flown over 850,000 satisfied passengers in their "Black Beauties" since 1985. The ASTAR 350FX features Bose aviation headsets, an air-conditioned cabin and oversized panoramic windows.
WhisperSTAR: The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.