Hike Maui Haleakala Crater Hiking Experience
Do you want to stay fit and be astonished with the wonders of nature at the same time? Then, Hike Maui Haleakala Crater Hiking Experience is definitely for you! Why? This one of a kind Maui Hiking will let you walk through the three magnificent views of the crater! You will truly be mesmerized as you discover personally the loftiness and splendor of the Haleakala volcano! You will discover rare plant varieties as you hike along the rock pathways at 8000 ft plus elevation with these superb Maui Tours and Maui Activities! Not only that, with this incredible Hike Maui Haleakala Crater Hiking Experience, you will get to see gorgeous cinder cones as you walk more on the 10,000 ft volcanic peak which reign the very vast beautiful sight of a desert-like paradise! Plus, if you explore more, you will reach a short ring of trail and unearth the grandeur of the famous Hosmer Grove, a rich rainforest that gives haven for rare and colorful local Hawaiian birds! It is a place you shouldn't miss to visit because this cloud forest is truly in a hidden paradise! So what are you waiting for? Book this legendary Maui Hiking now with Lahaina Tours and have the most cherished memories with your loved ones!
- Hike into both sides of Haleakala
- Enjoy the crater’s different environments
- 2-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit features views of huge cinder cones and a desert-like scenery
- 2-mile hike at 8,000-foot elevation along a lava trail features views of rare native plant species
- On a clear day it seems you can see forever
- Nutritious lunch, snacks and water
- Knowledgeable tour guide who will share interesting facts
- Backpack, rain gear, bug repellent
Sandwich Choices: Veggie, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Ham or Turkey
Haleakala Crater Hiking
- Where and When:
- Includes hotel pick-up around 8:30 am or meet at 9:30 am at Kahului Park & Ride (View Map). The Park & Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311.
Directions from Wailea / Makena / Kihei (the south side of the island): From Hwy 31 (Piilani Hwy) head north. Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311. After 10 minutes, look for a big church (King's Cathedral), then move into left lane. Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy). Go 200 yards and turn right into Park & Ride commuter lot. Park your car against a concrete block wall.
Directions from Lahaina / Kaanapali / Kapalua (the west side of the island): Head south on Hwy 30 as if you're going to Kahului Airport. Turn right onto Hwy 380. Five miles down 380 there's a concrete block wall on the left. Turn across highway into Park & Ride commuter lot against that wall.
- Parties of 10+ will be accessed a $200.00 gratuity at the time of reservation.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
All participants must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Special Notes:
- We suggest shorts and shirt for hiking. Please wear swimsuit under clothing for swimming. Wear athletic shoes. Please bring sunscreen and a towel. The following are provided: day packs, rain wear, mosquito repellant, first aid, bottled water, fresh island fruit, sandwiches (veggie garden burger, peanut butter & jam, turkey)
- Operation Days:
- 7 hours
- Hike Maui
- Tour might be canceled if fewer than 4 guests have signed up for the tour on any given day.