Polynesian Adventure Tours - Haleakala, Central Maui & Iao Valley
Experience essential Maui on this sightseeing tour that takes you to the dormant Haleakala volcano, which is truly magnificent in the daytime hours - its steep slopes bathed in sunlight and endemic wildlife, such as the nene geese, freely roam the landscape. You might also be able to spot the rare Silversword plant.
Around noon we will stop in historic Makawao town, a former paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy) hot spot. Browse unique shops and art galleries and enjoy lunch on your own.
The tour then continues to Iao Valley State Park, a 4,000 acre tropical rainforest. After a short walk past a meandering stream through a forest bursting with native Hawaiian plant life, gaze high above at the iconic Iao Needle – a natural outcropping jutting from the mountain side. The needle is covered in emerald green vegetation and towers 1,200 feet over Iao valley. Tour Highlights:
- Haleakala National Park, including the Visitor Center and lookout points
- Views of Kula town and upcountry Maui (on the descent)
- Makawao town, lunch stop (lunch on own)
- Iao Valley State Park
- Admission to national parks
- Lively tour narration by knowledgeable tour guide
- Where and When:
- Pick ups range from 6:00 am to 7:45 am depending on your hotel location. The exact pick up time will be in your confirmation email.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
- Operation Days:
- 8.5-9 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours