Polynesian Adventure Tours - Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour
This is a unique opportunity to watch the sunrise from the summit of Mt. Haleakala, the largest dormant volcano in the world. This guided Maui sightseeing tour takes you to the Haleakala National Park House of the Sun Visitor Center.
Rising over 10,000 feet from sea level, Haleakala is renowned for its raw beauty and unique scenery, moving Mark Twain to write that his 1886 visit to this dormant volcano was "...the sublimest spectacle I ever witnessed" and "...the memory of it will remain with me always."
- Drive through Maui's Kula District
- Experience the awe-inspiring Haleakala National Park (park admission included)
- Witness the glory of the rising sun as it heralds the coming of a new day over the summit of Mount Haleakala
- Breathtaking scenery from the Visitor's Center at 9,740 feet
- See rare silversword plants
- Admission to Haleakala National Park included
- Includes a full breakfast at Cafe O'Lei at the Mill House after descending Haleakala (three plated breakfast choices)
- A – Seasonal and Tropical Fresh Fruit: Chef's Selection (gluten free / vegan)
- B – Plantation Breakfast: Crisp Bacon, Portuguese Sausage,
Scrambled Eggs, Maui Onion and Molokai Sweet Potato Hash, Local
Tomatoes, Toast (gluten free with no toast)
- C – Macadamia Nut Pancakes: Fluffy Pancakes with Local Mac Nuts, Crisp Bacon and Portuguese Sausage
Breakfast comes with passion orange guava juice and Maui Oma coffee.
- Where and When:
- The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation. For approximate times, please refer to the pick-up schedule below:
Pick-up times from April 1 - September 30
Pick-up times from October 1 - March 31
Returns at approx 10:30am.
- Special Notes:
- The Visitor Center is located at 9,740 feet elevation. Bring some warm clothes as the temperature can range from 20-40 degrees F.
We do not guarantee weather will permit viewing sunrise.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Friday
- Around 7 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours