Old Lahaina Luau
Experience one of the best luaus in all of Hawaii. At nearly 100 percent capacity year round, the Old Lahaina Luau is very popular and for good reason. The staff take great pride in presenting a truly authentic Hawaiian luau - an evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and island crafts. Celebrate Hawaii’s rich island culture in a rustic setting reminiscent of an old Hawaiian fishing village.
Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a Hawaiian flower lei and a drink. Pre-dinner activities include cultural demonstrations on the stage. Then enjoy a delicious luau dinner, which features a wide variety of delicacies. After dinner, sit back, relax and watch a spectacular Polynesian show featuring music and dances from the Hawaiian Islands and greater Polynesia.
All luau seats are reserved and prioritized by the date a reservation is confirmed. Guests may choose from traditional Hawaiian mat seating or regular conventional tables and chairs. Please select your seating style at the time of your booking as it is difficult to change after all guests have arrived.
- One of the best luaus in Hawaii – presenting a traditional Hawaiian cultural experience
- Fresh flower lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Delicious luau dinner and well-produced and choreographed entertainment
- Includes a premium open bar (tropical & special cocktails, beer, wine, sodas, juices, ice tea, lemonade and more)
The Feast (Pa’ina Ahiahi)
- Kalo Hummus: Grated Taro and Chickpeas mixed with Olive Oil (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Sweet Potato & Taro Chips (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks garnished with Black Hawaiian Sea Salt (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Local Grown Green Salad: Mesclun Greens, Carrots, Red Cabbage, Char Broiled Pineapple Dressing (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Coconut Cream Dressing: Coco Lopex, Water, Sour Cream (GF / Veg)
- Palaoa Dinner Taro Roll (Veg)
- Maui Pineapple Butter - Seasonal (GF / Veg)
- Guava Honey Butter - Seasonal (GF / Veg)
- Haupia Pudding made with Coconut Milk, Cornstarch and Sugar (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Kulolo: Pudding with Grated Steamed Kalo and Grated Coconut with Coconut Milk (GF / Veg)
Traditional Hawaiian Course:
- Pua'a Kalua: Pork roasted in our Beachside Imu, the Hawaiian underground oven (GF)
- Lau Lau Luau Leaf Wrapped Pork: Succulent bundles of Pork wrapped in Taro Leaf and cooked until tender (GF)
- Lomilomi Salmon: Local Tomatoes, Maui Onions and Salted Salmon (GF)
- Poke Ahi: Ahi Tuna
- Poi: Steamed and Mashed Taro, a Potato-like Root (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Pipi Koala: Grilled Flat Iron Steak (GF)
- I'a Island Catch: Fish with a Lemon Garlic Aioli Sauce (GF)
- Moa Island Style Chicken: Roasted Chicken topped with a Mango Barbecue Glaze (GF)
- Roasted Assorted Vegetables - Seasonal: Kabocha Pumpkin, Carrots, Oil, Sea Salt (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Sweet Potato Mash: Local Sweet Potato with Coconut Milk (GF / Veg / Vn)
- Mango Chocolate Bombe & Macadamia Coconut Crunch with Mango Anglaise (Veg)
- Coffee and Tea Service
- Banana Bread "Makana (Gift)"
*GF = Gluten Free, Veg = Vegetarian, Vn = Vegan
Please note: Menu is subject to change due to seasonal availability.
Old Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- Oceanfront at 1251 Front Street, Lahaina, Maui. View Map
October to February:
Check-in is at 5:15 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:15 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:00 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm.
March to May & September:
Check-in is at 5:45 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:45 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:30 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm.
June to August:
Check-in is at 6:15 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 6:15 pm.
Dinner starts at 7:00 pm.
Entertainment is from 8:15 pm to 9:15 pm.
Entertainment/Dinner start times may be subject to be slightly earlier or later depending on how the schedule is going.
- If you select traditional seating, the booking requires a minimum of 4 people in your party.
If booking a party of 15 or more, gratuity will be required prior to luau date to be paid before the luau date. You will be given a link on your confirmation email to provide that payment. Gratuity is normally 15% with an added 3% processing fee on the total of the reservation.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Premium open bar included throughout the evening!
Infant pricing (children 2 and under) are considered "lap children" and will not have their own seat or plate. They must sit in the lap of an adult.
Please let us know if anyone in your party has special needs such as wheelchair, etc.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Old Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 480